Let's Fix it: Time Spent With Our Loved Ones


In the world these days everyone is so busy aiming at going places, getting stuff done, trying to beat the clock & staying ahead in the rat race that the important aspects of life cease to exist & stop making sense. We hardly spare time for what we consider trivialities. 

I  recall my childhood & those moments when I  received gifts from my Aunts & Uncles for which I am thankful, however I will always cherish & value that ONE Uncle (My Mom's Sister's Husband), although he bought my siblings & myself gifts & chocolates, his actual gift to me was far more valuable - "His Time".


Every time he visited, we were thrilled to have him over as he spent hours playing with us, listening to our nonsensical chatter, taking us to the beach, for a walk or for an ice cream. When I try to bring to mind all the gifts I've received, I realise I can't recall them all. However what I very clearly remember is this particular Uncle & the gift of his time to us. If there is something I would fix, it's the time we spend with our loved ones (of course keeping in mind a Work-Life Balance).


Here's what you can do;


Make a Check-list: Identifying the work that needs to get done before the end of the day enables you to prioritise & allocate your work accordingly. 


Schedule Your Time: Know where you are spending more of your time, then work at removing the bits that can be shared or delegated to/with your colleagues. 


Alternate You're Schedule: If there is a need to work after office hours, balance it. Allocate days when you stay late to complete your work & days when you leave for home at normal hours.


Start with the Most Important Tasks: Sometimes important work can be largely uninteresting or uninspiring, whatever the case may be - begin by doing what is crucial. Once you are able to complete the important work at hand, you will feel a sense of relief & confidence to tackle smaller jobs. 


#Fixit #lovedones #time


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 DIY Nativity Scenes